On Thursday, October 28, 2021, at 7:30 pm eastern, join us for a Michigan-style meeting. Share your experience, strength, and hope as we have a meeting with the following recovery topic:
Character defects like resentment, fear, anger, and self-pity will weigh us down in recovery. We have to let go of these shortcomings to stay happy, healthy, and focused on our program.
Sometimes we might experience these emotions in small doses and as ordinary reactions to life challenges. And that’s okay. But when we carry these emotions around with us for longer than necessary, or when they become a habit, we gamble with our sobriety.
Thursday, we talk about our Character Defects
Questions to ponder:
- For you, what are character defects?
- What are shortcomings?
- Are these two things different?
- In early recovery, what were some of your glaring character defects?
- How did they weigh you down?
- Today, what are your favorites?
- How do they weigh you down?
- How do you recognize a shortcoming as something that is more than a small defeat, but rather one that is weighing you down?
- How do you work step 6?
- How do you work step 7?
- How do deliberate acts of humility, willingness and courage help?
- How does your higher power take away your defects?
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 869 2241 0131